Present Day Map of mainland Quel'Anaris
|“||This page is a constant work-in-progress||”|
Quel'Anaris (also known as the Grand Duchy of Quel'Anaris, the Protectorate of Quel'Anaris, or the Commonwealth of the Northern United States of the Eastern Kingdoms) is a holding within Quel'Thalas, located directly on the Eastern coast. Quel'Anaris is the pride of House Embershield, after its forceful ousting of the regent-ruling House Starsparrow, who had been ruling the land for House Lightsworn. It is a prosperous land, and is stated by many to be the gem of the Kingdom of Dawnlight.
House Embershield, the ruling House, holds a host of approximately seventy-thousand or more, with approximately twenty-thousand being heavy cavalry, thirty-thousand being infantry, and ten-thousand as fusiliers, with an additional ten-thousand in supporting roles, such as medics, engineers and cooks.
Quel'Anaris plays host to verdant valleys, plains and fields, as well as many rivers running throughout, in addition to atleast two notable forests; The Silver Woods and the Shadow Woods near Quel'Dras. Whilst the climate of Quel'Anaris never changes, there is still one winter-esque area, that being Lastrinor.
This article is part of a series on
|See also, Kingdom of Quel'Thalas|
Pre-Embershield Era Edit
-5800 EC through -4,700 EC
Rise of Embershield Era Edit
-4,700 EC through -4,000 EC
Old Protectorate Era Edit
-4,000 EC through -300 EC
Age of Strife Edit
-300 EC through 24 EC
Unification Era Edit
24 EC through 29 EC
New Protectorate Era Edit
30 EC through Present Time
Duchy of Wendil Edit
Duchy of Lastrinor Edit
Duchy of Ferindal Edit
Duchy of Arcadia Edit
Beef and Poultry are the primary meats of Quel'Anarian cuisine, with Pork being a rare commodity to the more elven populace. Due to the onset of both Orc and Human populations within Quel'Anaris, pork has risen to become more popular within the cuisine. Additionally, many of the nobleborn prefer to dine on lynx and lamb, or in some cases, dragonhawk, dragonhawks were not so endangered in Quel'Anaris.
Since the exiling of Quel'Anaris from mainland Quel'Thalas, dragonhawks have become endangered, and as such, it has become a punishable offense to hunt dragonhawks, unless to be used in the form of companionship.
With poultry, the most valuable and popular choices are both duck and goose, though capon is a close second, and game hens running third in line. Chicken isn't widely eaten, unless one counts the eggs they produce for the various sweetstuffs in Quel'Anaris, or for breakfast meals.
Game meats are also widely eaten, such as, outlined above, game hens, as well as, but not limited to, venison, boar, hare, bear in some circumstances, and on rare occasion, even fox and wolf.
Due to being located on the Eastern Coast of Quel'Thalas, Quel'Anarian cuisine puts emphasis on seafood as well as generic meats. Popular seafood includes several species of fish, such as red snapper, tuna, salmon and albacore.
There are of course other types of seafood enjoyed by the higher class, such as clams and mussels, and when they can be found, cockles. Crab, in atleast two different species, appear on the plates of both commoner and noble alike; The White Rose species, known for its white shell and thorns along its shell, and King Snow Crab, known for being bigger in frame and heft, and patches of whiteness along its red shell.
Lobster isn't normally eaten, due to its rarity. It is imported from various island nations, and as such, can be expensive if imported in bulk.
Usually used for soups and as side dishes for the main courses of meals, there are many vegetables available within Quel'Anaris. The vegetables primarily cultivated include broccoli, beans, beansprouts, asparagus, carrots, cabbage, kale, potatoes and corn.
Weather and Climate Edit
Geographic Features Edit
Ember Iron Edit
Whilst some know it as 'Red Iron' or 'Burning Iron', Ember Iron is more than just pure Iron. It is oftentimes folded over and over to form a stronger alloy. Then, at the same time, a Priest or Cleric, and a Pyromancer, infuses the material with both Light and Fire magic, enchanting it with the properties of both regenerative magic and flame.
It takes an overtly long time to do so, and as such, it is rare to see an entire army outfitted with it. Normally, Ember Iron is used to craft weapons such as swords, spearheads, glaives, and full suits of armor.
Houses & Clans Edit
- Quel'Anaris, in a lot of the writing and lore for Embershield, is stated to have started as the County of Ronae'Danil. This has since been retconned and re-written, as shown in the history above.
- Many people ask how Quel'Anaris sustains a population of 47,000+ and a military of 25,000+. The answer is simple- The writer considers the military and civilian population entirely separate, allowing for more creative freedom with the numbers to a more realistic size, as Telriahs player writes based on the aspect Blizzard has given; Azeroth is realistically ten times bigger than portrayed in-game.
- Originally, the Duchy of Quel'Anaris was never meant to be a major part of Telriah's backstory and lore. Infact, it was never even thought of until Zaria's player brought up the idea of having land during a meeting many months ago during the time of the Golden Rose.
- Elbert is very much so a well respected General within the Protectorate Military, for his tactics that led to victories with few casualties. Of course, he also has earned a lot of disrespect for the rebellion.
- Brigadier General Elbert is credited as the founder of the Path of the Blood Moon, one of the major religions displayed in the Codex of the Golden Rose. It is mainly notable for the fact that despite his heavy hand in it, the religion was not outlawed along with Elbert, and thus serves as a legal front for many of the dealings of the Cult of Elbert, who some see as a fringe group of the Path.
- Originally, Quel'Anaris was meant to be an Archduchy similar to Austria-Hungary, but with the departure of Ailos, Alain, and several others, these plans have been re-written, allowing for a more original and unique story.