Gold is one of the most highly sought-after metals on Azeroth. Valued for its malleability and beauty, it is used as the primary currency of several nations.
Gold can be found everywhere in Azeroth, though its deposits are generally small.
- The dwarves of Khaz Modan often dig deep into the earth in search of the metal, finding rich veins that would otherwise be inaccessible to the other races of Azeroth.
- The Gold Coast of Westfall is known for its rich deposits of Gold, though most has already been mined by the Kingdom of Stormwind.
- Fargodeep Mine, though consistently troubled, is a highly productive mine when properly worked.
- Bannhurst, in Gilneas.
- The alluvial deposits of the Barony of Whitewater are a plentiful, though labour intensive, source of gold.
- Monastery Heights, in the northern reaches of the Kingdom of Lordaeron.
While gold is greatly valued, it is not the strongest of metals.
- It is most often forged into ornate jewelry and given as gifts to those of high status.
- Gold is also forged into Gold Bullion or coins and is used as currency by most nations of the Eastern Kingdoms.
- When used as a coloring agent, Gold can produce a deep red hue in glass.
- The engineers of Gnomeregan and the Goblin Cartels have recently discovered Gold's excellent properties as a conductor of electricity.